Friday, February 10, 2012 - 18:30 in Paleontology & Archaeology
The first known fossil of a rare bloodsucker called the bat fly has been found in 20-million-year-old amber, a new study reports.
- Huge amber deposit discovered in IndiaMon, 25 Oct 2010, 15:51:59 EDT
- Scientists find oldest occurrence of arthropods preserved in amberMon, 27 Aug 2012, 19:05:26 EDT
- 16 million-year-old amber specimen reveals unknown animal behaviors Wed, 17 Oct 2012, 19:04:22 EDT
- Discovery in amber reveals ancient biology of termitesThu, 14 May 2009, 14:16:39 EDT
- New trove of fossils suggests global distribution of tropical forest ecosystems in the EoceneMon, 25 Oct 2010, 15:51:56 EDT