Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 21:30 in Astronomy & Space
The strongest solar storm since 2003 is hitting our planet. Find out why planes are being rerouted and what other effects are predicted.
- Scientists prove existence of 'magnetic ropes' that cause solar stormsWed, 15 Jun 2011, 13:35:50 EDT
- Biggest breach of Earth's solar storm shield discoveredTue, 16 Dec 2008, 15:50:37 EST
- NASA's TWINS and IBEX spacecraft observe solar storm from inside and outside Earth's magnetosphereWed, 28 Mar 2012, 10:36:13 EDT
- Solar storms could sandblast the moonWed, 7 Dec 2011, 1:45:39 EST
- Solar storm protectionThu, 12 Jul 2012, 17:07:23 EDT