Monday, September 26, 2011 - 15:31 in Astronomy & Space
The new moon will make a close approach to Earth Tuesday, giving rise to a nearly invisible "supermoon," astronomers say.
- X-rays illuminate the interior of the MoonSun, 19 Feb 2012, 15:31:10 EST
- Man in the moon looking younger Wed, 17 Aug 2011, 14:34:47 EDT
- New model reconciles the Moon's Earth-like composition with the giant impact theory of formationWed, 17 Oct 2012, 16:06:56 EDT
- Earthshine reflects Earth's oceans and continents from the dark side of the moonTue, 7 Apr 2009, 10:45:32 EDT
- Study puts solar spin on asteroid moon formationWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:35:53 EDT