Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 17:20 in Earth & Climate
New studies of severe storms and catastrophic floods provide more evidence that rising greenhouse gas levels actually do increase the odds of such extreme weather events—and perhaps make them stronger.
- Vegetation hardly affected by extreme flood eventsWed, 24 Sep 2008, 11:30:44 EDT
- Extreme weather events can unleash a 'perfect storm' of infectious diseases, research study saysTue, 24 Jun 2008, 20:28:25 EDT
- Rising air pollution worsens drought, flooding, UMD-led study showsMon, 14 Nov 2011, 0:32:55 EST
- Rising sea levels are increasing the risk of flooding along the south coast of EnglandFri, 9 Oct 2009, 10:36:27 EDT
- More hurricane surges in the futureMon, 18 Mar 2013, 17:04:15 EDT