Friday, June 8, 2012 - 14:00 in Astronomy & Space
Astronomers are getting to know the neighbors better. Our sun resides within a spiral arm of our Milky Way galaxy about two-thirds of the way out from the center.
- New insights on how spiral galaxies get their armsTue, 2 Apr 2013, 13:37:41 EDT
- Milky Way sidelined in galactic tug-of-warWed, 29 Sep 2010, 12:08:35 EDT
- Split-personality elliptical galaxy holds a hidden spiralMon, 22 Oct 2012, 13:34:51 EDT
- NGC 4945: The Milky Way's not-so-distant cousinWed, 2 Sep 2009, 9:39:34 EDT
- Iowa State astrophysicist helps map the Milky Way's 4 spiral armsMon, 5 Jan 2009, 8:21:22 EST