An ancient forest has thawed from under a melting glacier in Alaska and is now exposed to the world for the first time in more than 1,000 years.Stumps and logs have been popping out from under southern Alaska's Mendenhall Glacier — a 36.8-square-mile (95.
- Glacier melt adds ancient edibles to marine buffetWed, 23 Dec 2009, 14:27:48 EST
- Assessing the influence of Alaska glaciers is slippery workFri, 27 May 2011, 22:34:04 EDT
- Global glacier melt continuesThu, 29 Jan 2009, 12:07:41 EST
- Alaska's iconic Columbia Glacier expected to stop retreating in 2020, says CU-Boulder studyMon, 26 Nov 2012, 16:06:21 EST
- Most Alaskan glaciers retreating, thinning, and stagnatingMon, 6 Oct 2008, 14:22:27 EDT