By Stephanie PappasLiveScienceHappy birthday, curse of Tutankhamun. The rumor that some mysterious force set out to kill the team who opened the tomb of the boy pharaoh turned 90 Friday.On April 5, 1923, Egyptologist Lord Carnarvon, the 57-year-old financial backer of the Tutankhamun search who opened the tomb along with Egyptologist Howard Carter, died of an infected mosquito bite he'd slashed op...
- Egyptian elite tombs accessible for allThu, 8 May 2008, 11:22:22 EDT
- Tut, tut: Microbial growth in pharaoh's tomb suggests burial was a rush jobWed, 8 Jun 2011, 14:38:35 EDT
- Mayan king's tomb discovered in GuatemalaFri, 16 Jul 2010, 17:08:05 EDT
- Tomb exploration reveals first archaeological evidence of Christianity from the time of JesusTue, 28 Feb 2012, 12:22:39 EST
- Tomb of Maya queen K'abel discovered in GuatemalaWed, 3 Oct 2012, 15:09:08 EDT