Nearly 700 feet (more than 200 meters) under the Svartisen glacier in northern Norway, researchers are huddled together underground. In the world's only lab located inside one of these giant hunks of ice, they are carrying out some of the best experiments on the movement and composition of glaciers ever done.
- Global glacier melt continuesThu, 29 Jan 2009, 12:07:41 EST
- Southern glaciers grow out of step with NorthThu, 30 Apr 2009, 14:39:18 EDT
- Satellite images show continued breakup of 2 of Greenland's largest glaciersWed, 20 Aug 2008, 18:21:28 EDT
- 'Tiger stripes' underneath Antarctic glaciers slow the flowFri, 8 Nov 2013, 10:06:33 EST
- Research shows continued decline of Oregon's largest glacierTue, 7 Sep 2010, 11:50:38 EDT