Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 16:00 in Biology & Nature
A group of fungi-farming ants are not only loyal to particular species of fungus, the relationship is so close it appears the ants and the fungus may be evolving together, a new study indicates.
- Texas leafcutter ants aided, but also limited, by cold-tolerant fungus crops, research showsTue, 22 Feb 2011, 11:33:48 EST
- Temporary infidelity may contribute to the stability of ancient relationshipsMon, 1 Jun 2009, 12:02:04 EDT
- Fungus farming ant genome reveals insight into adaptation of social behaviorWed, 29 Jun 2011, 21:35:54 EDT
- Food security for leaf-cutting ants: Workers and their fungus garden reject endophyte invadersThu, 2 Apr 2009, 19:11:40 EDT
- Study: Generation X more loyal to religionThu, 26 Aug 2010, 1:11:54 EDT