Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 21:20 in Paleontology & Archaeology
A new look at a 425-year-old map has yielded a tantalizing clue about the fate of the Lost Colony, the settlers who disappeared from North Carolina's Roanoke Island in the late 16th century.
- Gene decides whether coral relative will fuse or fightThu, 19 Mar 2009, 13:36:38 EDT
- Orphan army ants join nearby coloniesWed, 4 Nov 2009, 12:39:18 EST
- America's colonial hydrologic history recreatedWed, 1 Dec 2010, 14:39:25 EST
- 440-year-old document sheds new light on native population decline under Spanish colonial ruleThu, 19 May 2011, 11:37:18 EDT
- Colonies of bacteria fight for resources with lethal proteinWed, 24 Mar 2010, 11:52:19 EDT