Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 11:01 in Earth & Climate
Polar bears are capable of swimming vast distances, a potential survival skill needed in an Arctic environment where summer sea ice is vanishing, a study led by the U.S. Geological Survey showed on Tuesday.
- With climate changes, polar bear and brown bear lineages intertwineThu, 7 Jul 2011, 12:37:49 EDT
- New study about Arctic sea-ice, greenhouse gases and polar bear habitatWed, 15 Dec 2010, 14:32:16 EST
- Polar bears no longer on 'thin ice': researchers say polar bears could face brighter futureTue, 21 Dec 2010, 15:02:32 EST
- Polar bears still on thin ice, but cutting greenhouse gases now can avert extinctionWed, 15 Dec 2010, 13:37:07 EST
- For polar bears, it's survival of the fattestTue, 19 Mar 2013, 21:02:00 EDT