Friday, March 30, 2012 - 13:00 in Physics & Chemistry
The Italian professor who led an experiment which initially appeared to challenge one of the fundaments of modern physics by showing particles moving faster than the speed of light, has resigned after the finding was overturned earlier this month.
- Ephemeral vacuum particles induce speed-of-light fluctuationsMon, 25 Mar 2013, 12:04:33 EDT
- University of Pennsylvania scientists move optical computing closer to realityTue, 19 Aug 2008, 14:56:47 EDT
- Stacking the deck: Single photons observed at seemingly faster-than-light speedsTue, 26 Jan 2010, 17:59:36 EST
- New speed record for magnetic memoriesMon, 18 Aug 2008, 10:07:33 EDT
- First beam for Large Hadron ColliderWed, 10 Sep 2008, 10:19:16 EDT