A dread of malevolent spirits haunting forsaken areas could, along with environmental catastrophes, help to explain why some areas in the ancient Mayan world proved less resilient than others when their civilization disintegrated, researchers suggest.
- Scientists discover the first physical evidence of tobacco in a Mayan containerWed, 11 Jan 2012, 12:37:06 EST
- Mayan king's tomb discovered in GuatemalaFri, 16 Jul 2010, 17:08:05 EDT
- Leaf litter ants advance case for rainforest conservation in BorneoThu, 20 Oct 2011, 19:35:24 EDT
- US earthquake resilience needs strengthening, says new reportWed, 30 Mar 2011, 12:04:00 EDT
- Ancient records shed light on Italian earthquakes (Aquila area)Fri, 3 Aug 2012, 14:14:09 EDT