Friday, February 17, 2012 - 04:31 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Armed robbers seized dozens of items on display at the museum in Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympics in southern Greece, after tying up an employee on Friday.
- Olympia hypothesis: Tsunamis buried the cult site on the PeloponneseMon, 11 Jul 2011, 13:06:14 EDT
- A toast to history: 500 years of wine-drinking cups mark social shifts in ancient GreeceMon, 3 Jan 2011, 10:31:53 EST
- What scents did the ancient Egyptians use?Sun, 15 Mar 2009, 13:14:29 EDT
- New evidence from excavations in Arcadia, Greece, supports theory of the 'Birth of Zeus'Mon, 2 Feb 2009, 18:14:44 EST
- 'Virtual archaeologist' reconnects fragments of an ancient civilizationFri, 15 Aug 2008, 13:07:49 EDT