Monday, May 9, 2011 - 13:00 in Biology & Nature
New gruesome details have emerged explaining how a parasitic fungus manipulates an unfortunate ant, filling its head with fungal cells and changing its muscles so the ant can grab a leaf in a death grip just when and where the fungus wants it.
- Zombie ants have fungus on the brainSun, 8 May 2011, 21:30:37 EDT
- Parasite causes zombie ants to die in an ideal spotTue, 11 Aug 2009, 15:53:14 EDT
- Zombie ants have fungus on the brain, new research revealsMon, 9 May 2011, 9:33:06 EDT
- The zombie-ant fungus is under attack, research revealsWed, 2 May 2012, 20:31:57 EDT
- Texas-bound: Fungus keeps Texas leaf-cutter ants from spreadingTue, 22 Feb 2011, 11:33:40 EST