Many Americans don't learn a second or a third language from birth, let alone a language that the CIA or U.S. Foreign Service might want. The situation has forced U.S. government agencies to learn how to cultivate the most talented second-language speakers from among college students with little to no other-language expertise.
- Bilinguals find it easier to learn a third languageTue, 1 Feb 2011, 11:35:53 EST
- Exposure to 2 languages carries far-reaching benefitsTue, 19 May 2009, 16:23:05 EDT
- Second language learners recall native language when readingTue, 1 Jun 2010, 17:52:01 EDT
- Less pain for learning gainWed, 22 Sep 2010, 17:32:34 EDT
- New research demonstrates language learners' creativityTue, 15 Mar 2011, 5:31:31 EDT