Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 13:56 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Scientists for the first time have unraveled much of the genetic code of an extinct animal, the ice age's woolly mammoth, and with it they are thawing Jurassic Park dreams.
- Mobile DNA elements in woolly mammoth genome give new clues to mammalian evolutionMon, 8 Jun 2009, 17:44:15 EDT
- Researchers solve mammoth evolutionary puzzle: The woollies weren't picky, happy to interbreedTue, 31 May 2011, 10:02:36 EDT
- Woolly mammoth's secrets for shrugging off cold points toward new artificial blood for humansWed, 14 Sep 2011, 13:38:35 EDT
- A mammoth task -- sorting out mammoth evolutionTue, 31 May 2011, 10:02:46 EDT
- 'Trophic cascades' of disruption may include loss of woolly mammoth, saber-toothed catThu, 1 Jul 2010, 0:37:01 EDT