Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 13:28 in Earth & Climate
The magma pool feeding the Italian volcano that destroyed Pompeii in AD 79 has shifted in the past 2,000 years, a discovery that could help in predicting future eruptions, researchers said.
- Eruptive characteristics of Oregon's Mount Hood analyzedMon, 2 Aug 2010, 14:22:13 EDT
- Oscillating 'plug' of magma causes tremors that forecast volcanic eruptions: UBC researchWed, 23 Feb 2011, 13:35:46 EST
- Deep magma matters in volcanic eruption cycleThu, 9 Oct 2008, 14:29:13 EDT
- Congo receives help from space after volcano eruptionFri, 22 Jan 2010, 10:38:23 EST
- Autopsy of a eruption: Linking crystal growth to volcano seismicityThu, 24 May 2012, 17:24:14 EDT