Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 14:00 in Health & Medicine
A 12-year-old Arkansas girl has been hospitalized with a case of parasitic meningitis caused by a rare brain-eating amoeba. Kali Hardig contracted the Naegleria fowleri infection after visiting a Little Rock water park.
- Genome sequencing complete on plodding amoeba that flips into free-swimming flagellateThu, 4 Mar 2010, 13:26:59 EST
- Genes define the interaction of social amoeba and bacteriaThu, 9 May 2013, 16:37:53 EDT
- How Montezuma gets his revengeMon, 16 Jun 2008, 1:35:39 EDT
- NIAID media availability: Seizures following parasitic infection associated with brain swellingTue, 4 Nov 2008, 12:24:15 EST
- Norovirus is the leading cause of infection outbreaks in US hospitalsTue, 31 Jan 2012, 16:35:24 EST