Monday, June 25, 2012 - 09:03 in Astronomy & Space
An artist conception of a newly formed star surrounded by a swirling protoplanetary disk of dust and gas, where debris coalesces to create rocky 'planetesimals' that collide and grow to eventually form planets.
- Exocomets may be as common as exoplanetsMon, 7 Jan 2013, 16:35:00 EST
- Warped debris disks around stars are blowin' in the windSat, 29 Aug 2009, 1:33:29 EDT
- Radio telescope images reveal planet-forming disk orbiting twin sunsWed, 10 Jun 2009, 15:36:37 EDT
- Oxygen isotope analysis tells of the wandering life of a dust grain 4.5 billion years agoThu, 3 Mar 2011, 15:04:51 EST
- Jupiter-like planets could form around twin sunsMon, 5 Jan 2009, 13:36:25 EST