Monday, June 25, 2012 - 09:03 in Astronomy & Space
An artist conception of a newly formed star surrounded by a swirling protoplanetary disk of dust and gas, where debris coalesces to create rocky 'planetesimals' that collide and grow to eventually form planets.
- Exocomets may be as common as exoplanetsMon, 7 Jan 2013, 16:35:00 EST
- Cosmic dust belts without dustMon, 8 Jul 2013, 11:04:17 EDT
- Warped debris disks around stars are blowin' in the windSat, 29 Aug 2009, 1:33:29 EDT
- Scientists solve mystery of odd patterns of oxygen in solar system's earliest rocksThu, 24 Oct 2013, 15:37:12 EDT
- Radio telescope images reveal planet-forming disk orbiting twin sunsWed, 10 Jun 2009, 15:36:37 EDT