Friday, May 4, 2012 - 12:00 in Biology & Nature
To spy on gentoo penguins in their natural habitat, researchers placed cameras on the Antarctic Peninsula. They also watched King penguins huddling over winter South Georgia Island. Even when one camera was buried with snow, it kept on working!
- Keeping warm: Coordinated movements in a penguin huddleWed, 1 Jun 2011, 19:34:55 EDT
- NOAA tracks winter journeys of seals and penguins in AntarcticaTue, 11 May 2010, 13:32:17 EDT
- Not so happy: King penguins stressed by human presenceWed, 11 Jul 2012, 9:02:52 EDT
- Uncovering Africa's oldest known penguinsTue, 26 Mar 2013, 11:06:58 EDT
- Fossilized giant penguin reveals unusual colors, sheds light on bird evolutionThu, 30 Sep 2010, 14:32:30 EDT