Friday, May 4, 2012 - 08:11 in Earth & Climate
First look at the magma conduits that weave through and feed into the lava lake atop Mount Erebus, Antarctica's biggest volcano. In this 3D view, it becomes clear that the mountain's insides house a complex network of plumbing for the molten rock.
- Lava fingerprinting reveals differences between Hawaii's twin volcanoesWed, 30 Nov 2011, 2:56:00 EST
- Eruptive characteristics of Oregon's Mount Hood analyzedMon, 2 Aug 2010, 14:22:13 EDT
- X-rays illuminate the interior of the MoonSun, 19 Feb 2012, 15:31:10 EST
- 3D model reveals new information about iconic volcanoThu, 10 Oct 2013, 11:36:24 EDT
- Yellowstone's plumbing exposedSun, 13 Dec 2009, 23:35:19 EST