Friday, April 20, 2012 - 18:20 in Psychology & Sociology
Mechanical engineer Katherine Kuchenbecker is working on capturing the feel of an object and recreating those sensations so that the object’s virtual version feels real. She calls this process haptography or haptic (touch) photography.
- Perceiving touch and your self outside of your bodyTue, 4 Aug 2009, 22:41:35 EDT
- Robots get a feel for the world at USC ViterbiMon, 18 Jun 2012, 21:01:02 EDT
- Link between light touch and Merkel cells solves 100-year mysteryThu, 18 Jun 2009, 15:31:45 EDT
- Tactile technology guaranteed to send shivers down your spineMon, 8 Aug 2011, 16:37:24 EDT
- Prostate cancer surgeons 'feel' with their eyesMon, 1 Mar 2010, 17:49:06 EST