Thursday, March 8, 2012 - 10:30 in Astronomy & Space
The effects of the solar storm are expected to last at least 24 hours, experts say.
- Scientists prove existence of 'magnetic ropes' that cause solar stormsWed, 15 Jun 2011, 13:35:50 EDT
- NASA's TWINS and IBEX spacecraft observe solar storm from inside and outside Earth's magnetosphereWed, 28 Mar 2012, 10:36:13 EDT
- Solar storm protectionThu, 12 Jul 2012, 17:07:23 EDT
- Teamwork: IBEX and TWINS observe a solar stormThu, 12 Apr 2012, 19:34:06 EDT
- Biggest breach of Earth's solar storm shield discoveredTue, 16 Dec 2008, 15:50:37 EST