Friday, March 11, 2011 - 12:20 in Physics & Chemistry
The cooling systems at two nuclear reactors in Japan have malfunctioned as a result of a 8.9-magnitude earthquake. If they remain down, a buildup of nuclear decay heat could cause radiation leaks.
- First quantitative measure of radiation leaked from Fukushima reactorMon, 15 Aug 2011, 17:34:24 EDT
- Fukushima at increased earthquake riskTue, 14 Feb 2012, 11:35:51 EST
- Scientists call for a global nuclear renaissance in new studyThu, 12 Aug 2010, 14:23:54 EDT
- A French nuclear exit?Mon, 7 Jan 2013, 14:03:38 EST
- Nano insights could lead to improved nuclear reactorsFri, 16 Nov 2012, 18:04:50 EST