Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 10:21 in Earth & Climate
The world's oldest trees show that the region was once plagued by drought and fire.
- Giant sequoias yield longest fire history from tree ringsThu, 18 Mar 2010, 9:44:30 EDT
- Old-growth tree stumps tell the story of fire in the upper MidwestMon, 14 Mar 2011, 12:06:26 EDT
- Trees facilitate wildfires as a way to protect their habitatWed, 28 Oct 2009, 17:08:05 EDT
- 20th century one of driest in 9 centuries for northwest AfricaTue, 25 May 2010, 18:34:01 EDT
- Climate change causing massive movement of tree species across the WestThu, 3 Nov 2011, 9:36:50 EDT