Dozens of sailors search for detritus on Silver Strand beach that could harm the Western snowy plover and the California least tern.CORONADO —On most days, a three-mile stretch of Silver Strand beach here is used for training Navy SEALs, sailors and Marines.
- Archaeologists reconstruct diet of Nelson's Navy with new chemical analysis of excavated bones Fri, 23 Mar 2012, 14:32:49 EDT
- University professor stresses links between US Navy sonar and whale strandingsMon, 6 Oct 2008, 14:14:12 EDT
- Navy researchers apply science to fire fightingTue, 3 Nov 2009, 6:25:13 EST
- US Navy culture and workplace leads to heavy drinkingTue, 9 Jun 2009, 13:22:08 EDT
- Sea level rise to alter economics of California beachesWed, 29 Feb 2012, 23:31:55 EST