However, California regulators find that the operator did not meet state hazardous waste standards 'in a number of significant areas.' Odors at the site had been blamed for sickening children and teachers at a nearby school.State regulators found inadequate environmental safeguards at a Coachella Valley soil recycling company blamed for noxious odors that sickened children at a nearby school but said the mountains of contaminated soil do not pose a serious health threat.
- Scientists concerned about environmental impact of recycling of e-wasteThu, 26 Aug 2010, 13:30:32 EDT
- Chronic lead poisoning from urban soilsTue, 19 Aug 2008, 11:36:18 EDT
- Soil studies reveal rise in antibiotic resistanceWed, 23 Dec 2009, 11:56:58 EST
- Impact of floods on soilsWed, 8 Apr 2009, 11:52:04 EDT
- Urgent need to prepare developing countries for surge in e-wastes: UNMon, 22 Feb 2010, 5:56:52 EST