A star in another galaxy was ripped apart by the black hole's intense gravity. 'It turned into this really thin piece of spaghetti,' an astronomer says.Back when single-celled organisms ruled Earth, a gigantic black hole lurking quietly at the center of a distant galaxy dismantled and devoured a star.
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Black hole kills star and blasts 3.8 billion light year beam at EarthThu, 16 Jun 2011, 14:36:05 EDT
- Newly merged black hole eagerly shreds starsFri, 8 Apr 2011, 12:38:44 EDT
- Black hole growth found to be out of syncTue, 12 Jun 2012, 10:33:54 EDT
- Black hole hunters set new distance recordWed, 27 Jan 2010, 9:39:01 EST