Fifty-four percent oppose doing away with subsidies for oil, gas, coal, nuclear or renewable energy, while 47% favor the idea. Support for building more nuclear power plants has fallen dramatically.The American public is divided about whether to eliminate federal subsidies for any form of energy and is giving less support to nuclear power and U.S. funding of renewable energy, a new poll has found.
- Values predict attitudes toward nuclear powerWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:12:56 EDT
- Nuclear fusion-fission hybrid could contribute to carbon-free energy futureTue, 27 Jan 2009, 13:36:23 EST
- The energy debate: Coal vs. nuclearMon, 13 Jun 2011, 22:34:12 EDT
- US tax breaks subsidize foreign oil productionFri, 18 Sep 2009, 10:41:17 EDT
- Americans using less energy, more renewablesTue, 24 Aug 2010, 8:43:01 EDT