A partial foot unearthed in Ethiopia indicates that another hominin may have been climbing trees while our famous ancient ancestor, Lucy, and her species were walking upright, scientists say.Lucy, that starlet among ancient human relatives, may have shared the stage with a hominin very different from herself, a newly discovered fossil suggests.
- Discovery of foot fossil confirms 2 human ancestor species co-existed 3.4 million years agoWed, 28 Mar 2012, 15:36:39 EDT
- Foot bone suggests Lucy's kin had arched foot, for walkingThu, 10 Feb 2011, 14:38:11 EST
- Scientists announce discovery of 3.6 million-year-old relative of 'Lucy'Mon, 21 Jun 2010, 15:34:00 EDT
- Ardi displaces Lucy as oldest hominid skeletonThu, 1 Oct 2009, 14:47:27 EDT
- Did Lucy walk, climb, or both?Mon, 31 Dec 2012, 19:31:47 EST