The journey takes him nearly seven miles to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, where he spends several hours filming before returning to the surface.— Hollywood director James Cameron completed his journey to Earth's deepest point — exploring his surroundings and, of course, filming them before returning to the ocean's surface.
- Seismic survey at the Mariana trench will follow water dragged down into the Earth's mantleThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:36:10 EDT
- MIT crafts bacteria-resistant filmsThu, 15 May 2008, 17:49:25 EDT
- British scientific expedition discovers world's deepest known undersea volcanic ventsSun, 11 Apr 2010, 19:21:37 EDT
- Before 'Skyfall': 46 years of violence in James Bond moviesMon, 10 Dec 2012, 19:04:05 EST
- You've come a long way on film, baby!Fri, 16 Apr 2010, 14:20:31 EDT