Urging Californians to remain vigilant, officials announce that the state recorded no deaths in 2011 for the first time in two decades. Cases also fell sharply from 2010. Facing an epidemic of whooping cough that led to the deaths of 10 infants in 2010, California public health officials launched a massive vaccination effort and public awareness campaign about the disease.
- Parents of new babies should be considered for a whooping cough booster, say expertsFri, 28 Nov 2008, 8:57:04 EST
- Findings support safety of whooping cough vaccine for older adultsThu, 29 Nov 2012, 11:09:09 EST
- Protection against whooping cough waned during the 5 years after fifth dose of DTaP Thu, 13 Sep 2012, 12:42:54 EDT
- Protection against whooping cough waned during the 5 years after fifth dose of DTaP Thu, 13 Sep 2012, 12:42:56 EDT
- Contact among age groups key to understanding whooping cough spread and controlThu, 11 Nov 2010, 15:23:30 EST