Spotters have reported record numbers early in the whale-watching season, delighting tourists boaters and divers. Gray whales cruise through Southern California waters every winter, but this month the migratory giants have shown up so early and in such numbers that they are astounding many longtime observers.
- Gray whales likely survived the Ice Ages by changing their dietsWed, 6 Jul 2011, 23:35:28 EDT
- Harbor porpoises can thank their worst enemy, the killer whale for their successWed, 12 Jun 2013, 21:32:24 EDT
- New study analyzes the risk to endangered whales from ships in southern CaliforniaMon, 25 Mar 2013, 22:02:10 EDT
- Dalhousie biologists interpret the language of sperm whalesThu, 12 May 2011, 11:32:27 EDT
- Early whales gave birth on landWed, 4 Feb 2009, 10:09:13 EST