U.S. officials stress that the level is 5,000 times lower than the amount that would require intervention. The isotope found degrades quickly.A trace amount of radioactive iodine, well below levels of public health concerns, has been detected in milk from the state of Washington as the U.S. monitors radiation levels amid the nuclear crisis in Japan, U.S. regulators said Wednesday.
- Dartmouth scientists track radioactive iodine from Japan nuclear reactor meltdownTue, 3 Apr 2012, 15:34:29 EDT
- Fukushima-related measurements by the CTBTOFri, 8 Apr 2011, 11:43:48 EDT
- Physicists detect low-level radioactivity from Japan arriving in SeattleWed, 30 Mar 2011, 13:35:38 EDT
- Research on US nuclear levels after Fukushima could aid in future nuclear detectionFri, 9 Sep 2011, 23:33:58 EDT
- Expert discovers simple method of dealing with harmful radioactive iodineTue, 24 May 2011, 12:34:36 EDT