Yervoy is the first treatment shown to extend the lives of late-stage patients. There are indications it may even cure some.The Food and Drug Administration on Friday bolstered the skimpy pharmaceutical arsenal against late-stage melanoma by approving Yervoy, the first drug shown to extend the lives of patients with the deadly skin cancer.
- New drug treatment extends lives of men with prostate cancerThu, 26 May 2011, 22:39:48 EDT
- TGen, Scottsdale Healthcare study shows drug combination extends pancreatic cancer patient survivalWed, 23 Jan 2013, 9:06:15 EST
- A drug combination extends survival in refractory lung cancer patientsThu, 2 Jun 2011, 9:35:23 EDT
- Newly approved drug for metastatic melanoma nearly doubles median survivalThu, 23 Feb 2012, 11:36:56 EST
- Late-stage melanoma results in economic burdenMon, 15 Mar 2010, 16:41:04 EDT