In Louisiana, where the fishing industry is as much a part of the state as Mardi Gras, even locals won't eat the catch.President Obama served plates of barbecued gulf shrimp to guests at his 49th birthday party Aug. 9. But Kindra Arnesen, who runs a shrimp boat with her husband here in southern Louisiana, isn't nearly ready to eat what comes out of the tepid gray waters.
- Shades of gray: LSU researcher studies South Louisiana's historical ties to the oil industryWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:06:41 EDT
- Gray seals consume as much fish as the fishing industry catchesMon, 2 Apr 2012, 13:34:22 EDT
- Timing is everything for northern shrimp populations in the north AtlanticThu, 7 May 2009, 15:14:56 EDT
- Pitt researcher says simple polymer-based filter successfully cleans water, recovers oil in Gulf of Mexico testsMon, 7 Jun 2010, 13:18:06 EDT
- Troubled waters: Low Apalachicola River flow may hurt gulf fisheriesFri, 19 Jun 2009, 11:57:00 EDT