Victor Valley College's new 1-megawatt plant uses technology known as concentrator photovoltaics. The $4.5-million facility will be the largest of its kind in North America. The sprawling solar installations gobbling up California's deserts have a new competitor, one that claims to generate more energy at lower costs while using less open space.
- High-efficiency concentrator solar cells and modulesThu, 20 May 2010, 12:13:51 EDT
- New efficiency record for photovoltaic cells - thanks to heterojunctionThu, 27 Sep 2012, 14:06:51 EDT
- Inaugural issue of OSA's Energy Express focuses on gaining energy with solar concentratorsMon, 26 Apr 2010, 19:05:48 EDT
- Installed cost of solar photovoltaic systems in the US fell in 2008Wed, 21 Oct 2009, 15:09:49 EDT
- Report shows a decade of reductions in the cost of installed solar photovoltaic systemsThu, 19 Feb 2009, 15:36:49 EST