Total reaches 19 with a couple in Kansas, schoolchildren in New York City and a person in California believed to have mild cases of swine flu. It is not clear yet whether virus is easily transmitted. Kansas health authorities had confirmed two new cases of swine flu in their state, California has confirmed another case in Imperial County and New York City officials have identified eight probable cases, bringing the U.S. total to 19 likely cases.
- Test developed at UQ diagnosed Australia's first swine flu victimThu, 3 Sep 2009, 11:27:09 EDT
- Swine flu variant linked to fatal cases might have disabled the clearing mechanism of lungsFri, 22 Oct 2010, 11:05:33 EDT
- Swine flu patients benefited from taking Tamiflu, says studyWed, 29 Sep 2010, 5:15:57 EDT
- Report on H1N1 cases in California shows hospitalization can occur at all ages, with many severeTue, 3 Nov 2009, 16:31:48 EST
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis found in CaliforniaWed, 13 Aug 2008, 13:07:42 EDT