UCLA, USC and UC Irvine are among a dozen research centers getting the money. California's voter-created stem cell institute is expected to award $227 million in grants today to seed a laboratory building spree at a dozen universities and research centers, including USC, UCLA and UC Irvine.
- NIH awards $10 million to Rush University Medical Center to address health disparitiesMon, 3 May 2010, 18:03:08 EDT
- Engineers, doctors at UCLA develop novel material that could help fight arterial diseaseWed, 25 Nov 2009, 18:03:54 EST
- California's single seniors can't make ends meetTue, 24 Feb 2009, 14:11:22 EST
- Cell of origin for squamous cell carcinoma discoveredTue, 19 Apr 2011, 10:03:36 EDT
- UCLA engineers create tandem polymer solar cells that set record for energy-conversionMon, 13 Feb 2012, 15:37:04 EST