Facility owned by Prime Healthcare Services wrongly shared medical files with journalists and employees, regulators say. The company, which could face fines up to $250,000, says actions were legal. State regulators determined that a Redding hospital owned by Prime Healthcare Services Inc. violated patient confidentiality by sharing a woman's medical files with journalists and sending an email about her treatment to 785 hospital workers.
- Hospital perks: How much should hospitals be rewarded for the patient experience?Thu, 2 Dec 2010, 13:06:12 EST
- Shorter hospital stay with person-centered healthcare Wed, 2 Nov 2011, 10:36:12 EDT
- New method assesses risks for heart failure patientsWed, 30 Jul 2008, 13:36:41 EDT
- Patients in US 5 times more likely to spend last days in ICU than patients in EnglandFri, 23 Oct 2009, 2:32:04 EDT
- Value of hospital environmental services linked to efficiency not expensesMon, 18 Jul 2011, 14:34:51 EDT