The federal health law barred anyone younger than 19 from being denied a 'child-only' plan. Citing costs, many stopped selling such policies. States have stepped in.I just applied for an insurance plan for my 10-year-old daughter, but she was denied because she has asthma. I thought the new health reform law required insurance companies to cover kids.
- Internists tackle key health reform issuesThu, 6 Aug 2009, 10:53:03 EDT
- Few health reform options would have covered more people at lower cost than new law, study findsTue, 8 Jun 2010, 7:03:54 EDT
- 3 million Californians use health plans with high out-of-pocket costsThu, 28 Oct 2010, 13:36:39 EDT
- Private and public insurance choices could help pay for national health care reformThu, 16 Jul 2009, 0:28:38 EDT
- States vary in children's health, gaps exist in insurance, quality care across sectors Thu, 12 May 2011, 19:24:05 EDT