The founding director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, E. Richard 'Rick' Brown was a pioneer in gathering data used by policymakers, community advocates, researchers and others.E. Richard "Rick" Brown, the founding director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research who pioneered the collection and wide dissemination of health survey data to influence public policy and was a leading advocate for healthcare reform, has died. He was 70.
- Nearly 6.4 million Californians lack health insurance, report showsMon, 15 Dec 2008, 14:22:44 EST
- 4.7 million Californians to gain coverage under health reform, new study estimatesTue, 15 Feb 2011, 16:04:14 EST
- 5.7 million Californians lack access to job-based coverageTue, 30 Nov 2010, 14:03:58 EST
- Up to 220,000 California children excluded from health care reform due to immigrant status Thu, 30 Jun 2011, 15:36:37 EDT
- California's single seniors can't make ends meetTue, 24 Feb 2009, 14:11:22 EST