A letter to a federal judge aims to settle an uproar over the president's remarks about the healthcare law, but questions remain.WASHINGTON — Attorney Gen. Eric H. Holder Jr. told a federal appeals court that President Obama respects the Supreme Court's power to rule on the constitutionality of the nation's laws, a statement that a week ago would have seemed obvious but on Thursday appeared aimed at ending days of White House stumbling over the tricky politics of the high court.
- Study: Ads attacking Supreme Court nominees damage public support of high courtTue, 16 Jun 2009, 12:25:02 EDT
- Study shows judges' backgrounds matter in high court selectionMon, 18 May 2009, 17:51:12 EDT
- Divided appeals court rules on BRCA caseMon, 1 Aug 2011, 9:32:09 EDT
- Looming high court ruling could taint justice, legal expert saysWed, 13 Jan 2010, 18:09:37 EST
- Statement: The New York Stem Cell Foundation on lifting ban of federal funds for stem cell researchFri, 29 Apr 2011, 13:34:05 EDT