Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - 04:00 in Astronomy & Space
The violent behaviour of a young Sun-like star spinning at high speed and spewing out super-hot plasma has been revealed thanks to the combined X-ray vision of three space telescopes, including ESA’s XMM-Newton.
- Stellar family in crowded, violent neighborhood proves to be surprisingly normalThu, 4 Jun 2009, 9:50:33 EDT
- Newborn stars discovered in dark cosmic cloudWed, 7 Jul 2010, 14:51:04 EDT
- XMM-Newton measures speedy spin of rare celestial objectTue, 13 Jan 2009, 10:08:17 EST
- Andromeda's once and future starsWed, 5 Jan 2011, 10:10:51 EST
- How to learn a star's true ageTue, 24 May 2011, 16:03:53 EDT