Water held in soil plays an important role in the climate system. The dataset released by ESA is the first remote-sensing soil moisture data record spanning the period 1978 to 2010 – a predecessor of the data now being provided by ESA’s SMOS mission.
- Soil moisture and ocean salinity satellite ready for launchThu, 29 Oct 2009, 10:16:20 EDT
- Iowa State researchers developing wireless soil sensors to improve farmingFri, 10 Oct 2008, 13:15:26 EDT
- Mars air once had moisture, new soil analysis saysWed, 25 Jun 2008, 10:43:05 EDT
- Sophisticated soil analysis for improved land useFri, 30 May 2008, 11:28:54 EDT
- Restoring coastal wetlands? Check the soilTue, 7 Sep 2010, 15:14:43 EDT