Five years of Mars Express gravity mapping data are providing unique insights into what lies beneath the Red Planet’s largest volcanoes. The results show that the lava grew denser over time and that the thickness of the planet's rigid outer layers varies across the Tharsis region.
- Krumlauf Lab demonstrates modulation of gene expression by protein coding regionsTue, 23 Dec 2008, 12:57:24 EST
- Fledgling mantle plume may be cause of African volcano's unique lavaFri, 13 Mar 2009, 11:31:07 EDT
- Reservoirs of ancient lava shaped EarthWed, 27 Jul 2011, 14:36:04 EDT
- Have Venusian volcanoes been caught in the act?Mon, 3 Dec 2012, 11:04:01 EST
- Researchers to study rebirth of an island after volcanic eruptionThu, 6 Aug 2009, 16:26:25 EDT