Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:00 in Astronomy & Space
New images from the Cassini spacecraft reveal rogue kilometre-sized objects punching through Saturn’s F-ring as the source of ‘mini-jets’ seen emanating from the ring.
- Cassini sees new objects blazing trails in Saturn ringTue, 24 Apr 2012, 14:22:32 EDT
- Demise of large satellite may have led to the formation of Saturn’s rings and inner moonsSun, 12 Dec 2010, 13:36:03 EST
- Cassini sees collisions of moonlets on Saturn's ringThu, 5 Jun 2008, 10:07:36 EDT
- Cassini shows Saturnian roller derbyThu, 18 Mar 2010, 14:53:42 EDT
- Scientists discover a Saturn-like ring system eclipsing a sun-like starWed, 11 Jan 2012, 14:35:33 EST