Herschel’s latest image reveals the formation of previously unseen large stars, each one up to ten times the mass of our Sun. These are the stars that will influence where and how the next generation of stars are formed. The image is a new release of ‘OSHI’, ESA’s Online Showcase of Herschel Images.
- Baby stars in the Rosette cloudMon, 12 Apr 2010, 11:50:26 EDT
- Herschel reveals the hidden side of star birthThu, 6 May 2010, 11:52:08 EDT
- Inside the dark heart of the EagleWed, 16 Dec 2009, 9:11:41 EST
- Hubble captures bubbles and baby starsTue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:47:12 EDT
- Astronomers look to neighboring galaxy for star formation insightWed, 30 Nov 2011, 15:35:07 EST