Today at the Paris headquarters of the French space agency (CNES), Simonetta Di Pippo, ESA Director of Human Spaceflight, and Thierry Duquesne, CNES Director for Strategy, Programmes and International Relations, signed an agreement that paves the way for the launch of a high-accuracy atomic clock to be attached to the outside of the European Columbus laboratory onboard the International Space Station (ISS).
- The International Space Station, a test-bed for future space explorationFri, 18 Jul 2008, 9:35:56 EDT
- Surveying Earth's interior with atomic clocksMon, 12 Nov 2012, 11:35:38 EST
- JILA/NIST scientists get a grip on colliding fermions to enhance atomic clock accuracyThu, 16 Apr 2009, 14:24:20 EDT
- New calculations on blackbody energy set the stage for clocks with unprecedented accuracyWed, 11 May 2011, 17:35:33 EDT
- Quantum quirk: JILA scientists pack atoms together to prevent collisions in atomic clockThu, 3 Feb 2011, 14:43:57 EST